The Albert Daniel Hally Trust is distributed according to the wishes of the late Mr Hally, to support charitable institutions or those having as their charitable object(s) the benefit of the people of South Canterbury.
What can be funded?
Under the Charities Commission there are four categories of recognised charitable purposes
- The relief of poverty
- The advancement of education
- The advancement of religion
- Other purposes beneficial to the community
The Guardian Trust administers the fund and applications to the AD Hally Trust are considered by the AD Hally Trust committee.
The Timaru District Council acts as secretary for the AD Hally Trust committee and and provides a local liaison role for the applicants.
- Submit a completed application form to the Timaru District Council before the closing date. Application forms are available from Council offices in Geraldine, Temuka and Timaru.
- All applications are acknowledged in writing.
- Applications are considered by the AD Hally Trust committee.
- Applicants will receive a letter from the Public Trust advising the decision.
- Successful applicants will have the grant paid into a bank account within 4 weeks of the decision provided all the required banking information is included with the application.
- Complete a Project Monitoring Form.
Closing and Decision Dates
|Closing Dates||Meeting Decision Dates|
|30 April 2015||21 May 2015|
|31 October 2015||26 November 2015|
Around $70,000 annually - varies each year depending on investment earnings.
Request Further Information
|Colleen Te au||03 687 7452|
|Jenny Ensor||03 687 7254|