City Hub Strategy
A City Hub strategy is being developed to define the vision and identify the various elements that contribute to the vitality of the Timaru Central Business District (CBD).
The elements that originally shaped the CBD of Timaru have, and will continue to evolve. To ensure the CBD is fit for purpose and in a position to respond to and maximise future opportunities, this project sets out to compile a strategy which identifies the key elements that contribute to a vibrant CBD, how they interact and how they can be best implemented and managed.
What The City Hub Strategy Will Do
- Define the vision of the City Hub
- Identify elements that contribute toward achieving the vision through community and stakeholder engagement. Elements could include but are not limited to Inner City Living, Promotion and Events, Green - Open Spaces, Earthquake Prone Buildings, Regulatory Environment, Traffic Circulation/Pedestrianisation, Heritage and Streetscape.
- Develop the objectives and methods to achieve each element acting as a guide to various stakeholder groups, landowners, developers and infrastructure providers.
The Strategy will focus on a number of work streams with aspects being implemented now and in the future through the Long Term plan and external groups.
There will be regular, wide ranging consultation with all key stakeholders and individuals. Subject matter experts will be involved as required.
City Hub Strategy Project Steering Group
A City Hub Strategy Project Steering Group has been created and will be responsible for delivering the Strategy.
Stay up to date with the project
- City Hub Media Release 03/03/2020 (pdf, 292.6 KB updated 23-Jun-2020)
- City Hub Launch Media Release (pdf, 320.9 KB updated 23-Jun-2020)
- City Hub Terms of Reference (pdf, 544.9 KB updated 23-Jun-2020)
- Town Centre Study (pdf, 11.8 MB updated 23-Jun-2020)
- CBD Summit Outcomes Report (pdf, 675.1 KB updated 23-Jun-2020)
If you would like more information feel free to contact us here
Last updated: 23 Jun 2020