|Applications close||1st July 2018|
|Work Type||Full time|
We are on the lookout for an aquatics superstar to join our fantastic team! As the Aquatics Operations Coordinator you will provide support to the Aquatics Operations Team Leader and oversee the daily running of the Lifeguard Team poolside. You will have customer service skills second to none, an eye for detail and an almost psychic sense of hazard prevention to keep our customers safe poolside.
You will be responsible for coordinating the day to day operations of the Aquatics facility, including bookings of the facilities. You will be responsible for leading, coaching and engaging a team of lifeguards - inspiring them to provide the highest standard of safety and customer service for our customers, while ensuring operational compliance.
Working closely with the Aquatic Operations Team Leader you will also assist in the readiness of the seasonal pools across the district and ensure PoolSafe guidelines are adhered to at all times. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with “chlorine in their blood” to take the next step in their aquatic management journey, working with an experienced Aquatic Facility Team who will provide ongoing professional development.
The key skills and attributes we are looking for are:
- Leadership experience with an ability to inspire your team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience of pool operations, rosters and customer bookings.
- Sound knowledge of work health and safety legislative guidelines, evacuation and emergency procedures.
- Ability to work mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Current First Aid (Level 2) and Current CPR Certificate.
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate and Pool Operations Certificate.
- Able to complete some Senior Lifeguard shift each fortnight.
You will oversee the Lifeguard operation, including staff training, rosters, manage water quality, aquatic bookings and ensure our high standards are delivered on a daily basis.
Applications for this vacancy
All applicants are required to be either a New Zealand Citizen or have a current New Zealand work visa.
Please forward your application by 5pm on Sunday 1 July 2018, to The People & Capability Advisor, Timaru District Council via one of the options below.
Applications emailed to the above address must be in one of the following formats: Microsoft Word Documents (DOC), Rich Text Format (RTF), Plain Text (TXT), or Portable Document Format (PDF). Documents submitted in any other format are not acceptable.
Publish Date: 12 Jun 2018