Projects that Can be Funded
- New Zealand Representative for "one-off" donations of up to $250 (applications considered as received - no closing date)
- Minimal Donations for donations of up to $500 (applications considered as received - no closing date)
- General Donations:
- Public Events (smokefree)
- Rural Community Halls (maintenance / improvements)
- Community Services (not-for-profit community based organisations providing an on going, free community service)
- Heritage / Historic
- Salaries and wages will not be funded unless there are exceptional circumstances
- Substantial Donations ($10,000 or more to develop new or existing community facilities)
- Community Development Loans (low interest loans to develop new or existing community facilities)
- Sport and Recreation Loans (low interest loans to develop new or existing community facilities)
- Submit a completed application form to the Timaru District Council before the closing date. "Funding Application" forms are available from Council offices in Geraldine, Temuka and Timaru.
- All applications are acknowledged in writing.
- Applicants may be invited to attend a meeting to present further information and / or clarify the application.
- Applicants will be advised in writing of the decision.
- Successful applicants will have the donation paid into a bank account within 2 weeks of the meeting provided all the payment information is included with the application.
- Complete a project report form within 2 months of the completion of the project.
- If a guarantee against loss is offered it needs to be claimed within 2 months of the event taking place.
Closing and Decision Dates
|Closing date||Meeting decision date|
|15 March 2019||30 April 2019|
|2 September 2019||17 September 2019|
|Type of funding||Amount|
|General Grants||$113,600 annually|
|Substantial Grants (over $10,000)||$30,000 annually|
|Community Development Loans||$500,000 Revolving|
|Sport and Recreation Loans||$1,000,000 Revolving|
Request Further Information
|Grant Hamel||03 687 7593|
Publish Date: 11 Dec 2018