Timaru District Council is seeking to partner with local industry to express interest in an Infrastructure Acceleration Fund.
The funding comes as a part of a government programme to address housing affordability issues throughout New Zealand by helping fund the infrastructure required to drive development.
The programme is part of the $3.8 billion Housing Acceleration Fund, which includes the Kāinga Ora Land Programme, Infrastructure Fund and changes to the Land for Housing Programme.
The Infrastructure Acceleration Fund is a $1 billion infrastructure investments to support housing supply where infrastructure providers face funding and finance barriers.
The Funding's Aim:
- To remove some of the underlying barriers to supply by opening up more land for housing development
- Particularly in locations close to jobs and amenities
- Helping to fund the critical infrastructure needed for that development
- Allowing for a wider mix of housing that is affordable for low to moderate-income households to own or rent
- And freeing up development-ready land and accelerating housing development to moderate growth in house and land prices.
In their application local industry representatives should propose areas that could be developed, if appropriately zoned and serviced, to deliver at least 30 affordable houses.
Please submit your expressions of interest by email to Paul Cooper via IAF@timdc.govt.nz
Last updated: 21 Jul 2021