The Thomas Hobson Trust fund is administered by Public Trust. The fund was established for the purpose of providing grants to organisations within the area of the former Geraldine County. Applicants should be charitable institutions, community groups/organisations.
What may be funded
- non profit making
- not a sports club
- Public and charitable
- Freely available to the public at all times
- No charge
- Benefit more than a few people
- Works of a capital nature ie new works, extensions, improvements
- Not normal operating expenditure
- Fundraising advanced to a stage where the project will definitely proceed
Public Trust administers the fund. Timaru District Council administers the applications which are considered by the Temuka and Geraldine Community Boards. The Boards make recommendations to the Public Trust who make the final decision.
- Submit a completed application form to the Timaru District Council before the closing date. Application forms are available from Council offices in Geraldine, Temuka and Timaru or can be downloaded.
- Applications are considered by the Temuka or Geraldine Community Boards and their recommendations are then forwarded to the Public Trust for a final decision.
- The Public Trust will advise applicants of the outcome of their application, and successful applicants will have the grant paid into a bank account within 2 weeks of the meeting providing we have all the information we need to pay it.
- The Timaru District Council will send a project report form to successful applicants which must be completed within 2 months of the completion of the project.
Closing and Decision Dates
|Closing Dates||Community Board||Meeting / Decision Dates|
|16 October 2020||Temuka Community Board||16 November 2020|
|16 October 2020||Geraldine Community Board||18 November 2020|
Varies each year depending on investment earnings but is usually less than $20,000 per riding
Request Further Information
|Grant Hamel||03 687 7593|
Last updated: 09 Jul 2020