The Thomas Hobson Trust was established for the purpose of providing grants to organisations within the area of the former Geraldine County.
What may be funded
- non profit making
- not a sports club
- Public and charitable
- Freely available to the public at all times
- No charge
- Benefit more than a few people
- Works of a capital nature ie new works, extensions, improvements
- Not normal operating expenditure
- Fundraising advanced to a stage where the project will definitely proceed
Recommendations are made by the Temuka and Geraldine Community Boards to the Public Trust who make the final decision.
- Submit a completed application form to the Timaru District Council before the closing date. Application forms are available for a limited time only (usually August to October) from Council offices in Geraldine, Temuka and Timaru or can be downloaded.
- Applications are considered by the Temuka or Geraldine Community Boards and recommendation are then forwarded to the Public Trust for a final decision.
- Successful applicants will have the grant paid into a bank account within 2 weeks of the meeting providing we have all the information we need to pay it.
- Complete a project report form within 2 months of the completion of the event.
Closing and Decision Dates
|Closing Dates||Community Board||Meeting / Decision Dates|
|25 October 2018||Temuka Community Board||12 November 2018|
|25 October 2018||Geraldine Community Board||14 November 2018|
Varies each year depending on investment earnings but is usually less than $20,000 per riding
Request Further Information
|Sapphron Trower||03 687 7442|
Publish Date: 02 Mar 2018