Licence to Occupy (for private aboveground services)

Road Permits

At no time is it permitted to use the road reserve for storage. To occupy a road reserve, for private above ground services, you will need to apply for a licence. The licence provides a grant to the applicant the right to occupy and use the road reserve as specified in the permit. There are specific requirements that need to be met to ensure the continued safety for all road users. Some activities may be permitted, and a license to occupy is required to be obtained from Council. These include but are not limited to:

  • Grazing;
  • Fencing;
  • Signs;
  • Structures;

A Services Consent application is required to obtain of a Licence to Occupy.

Last updated: 31 Aug 2020