Activities on / in the road must be planned to minimise disruptions, delays, or inconveniences to road users and maintain safety. As part of the Council's ongoing safety management of the District roads, the Timaru District Council's Land Transport Unit requires Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) for:
- Any Services Consent applications;
- Any activity that occupies the road corridor;
- Any activity that may affect normal vehicular or pedestrian traffic.
There are other types of events or activities in the road corridor that do not require a CAR and WAP, but a Traffic Management Plan (TMP) is required, this includes but is not limited to:
- Street parades;
- Cycling / running / walking events;
- Any events that will seriously impact on the road network.
An application for a temporary road closure may be required in some activities / events.
TMPs can only be completed by a Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS) with a current NZTA approved qualification. TMPs must be submitted a minimum of five (5) working days prior to the start of works or event.
For works or events near or on the State Highways, New Zealand Transport Agency's (NZTA's) consent is required.
Publish Date: 18 Apr 2018