Long Term Plan 2018-28 Hearing and Submissions
Information on the Long Term Plan Hearing can be found here.
Submissions have closed. Thanks to those who gave us your feedback. You can read the submissions and Officer Comments on the submissions received here.
Consultation on the 2018-28 Long Term Plan (LTP) has opened, with the release of our LTP 2018-28 consultation document.
Our consultation document 'Our Place Our Future?' should have arrived in your mailbox with The Courier newspaper on March 8.
If you did not receive a copy, download it below or check out our interactive version:
Check out our big issues interactively with StoryMap
There are also a number of webpages dedicated to LTP information. Click on the links to go directly to them:
- Big Issue 1: Our Water...What Price? A resilient future water supply? How should we achieve this?
- Big Issue 2: To Be or Not To Be? Theatre Royal Redevelopment
- Big Issue 3: Moving our Past....To Our Future? Developing a new heritage facility
- Big Issue 4: Do We Really Want Better Waterways? Dealing with Stormwater to Improve our environment
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Draft Waste Minimisation and Management Plan
- Water Chlorination
Have Your say
Submissions have closed. Thanks to those who gave us your feedback. You can read the submissions received here.
We want to hear your views. You can submit on the issues highlighted or anything to do with the Long Term Plan.
Remember to let us know if you wish to speak to your submission at a Council hearing to consider the plan. Please include your contact details. Hearing of submissions is planned to start on Monday 30 April 2018.
Comments are welcome on the plan from Thursday 8 March to 5pm, Monday 9 April 2018.
LTP 2018-28 Supporting Information
There are several documents that support the LTP Consultation Document and the Long Term Plan. These documents contain more detailed information. Download the full document below:
Or view the document you are interested in below:
- LTP 2018-28 Supporting Information - Introduction (pdf, 321.3 KB updated 18-Apr-2018)
- LTP 2018-28 Draft Infrastructure Strategy 2018-68 (pdf, 1.7 MB updated 18-Apr-2018)
- LTP 2018-28 Financial Strategy and Projections (pdf, 541.0 KB updated 18-Apr-2018)
- LTP 2018-28 Groups of Activities Statements (pdf, 1.6 MB updated 18-Apr-2018)
- LTP 2018-28 Significant Forecasting Assumptions (pdf, 262.8 KB updated 18-Apr-2018)
- LTP 2018-28 Financial Contributions Policy (pdf, 190.8 KB updated 18-Apr-2018)
- LTP 2018-28 Revenue and Financing Policy (pdf, 294.0 KB updated 18-Apr-2018)
- LTP 2018-28 Rates Remission and Postponement Policies (pdf, 238.6 KB updated 18-Apr-2018)
- LTP 2018-28 Rating Policy (pdf, 178.0 KB updated 18-Apr-2018)
- LTP 2018-28 Rates Discount Policy (pdf, 162.6 KB updated 18-Apr-2018)
- LTP 2018-28 Proposed Fees and Charges 2018/19 (pdf, 833.5 KB updated 18-Apr-2018)
Explanation of documents
- Supporting Info - Introduction - Overview of what is included in the supporting information
- Infrastructure Strategy 2018-68 - Council's 50 year plan for key infrastructure assets in roading, water supply, sewer, stormwater and waste minimisation, including issues, planned projects and financial information
- Financial Strategy and Projections for 2018-29 - Council's proposed financial strategy that forms the basis for the financial direction of Council and overall financial statements, including the Balanced Budget statement and Funding Impact Statement
- Groups of Activity Statements - A summary of Council's activities (e.g. Roading, Libraries) including a description of what is provided, why we provide it, the services provided, how we measure performance, planned projects over the next ten years and financial information.
- Significant Forecasting Assumptions - Key general and financial assumptions on which the Long Term Plan is based.
- Financial Contributions Policy - A summary of the existing Financial Contributions Policy provisions.
- Revenue and Financing Policy - This policy sets out the Council's funding philosophy and how the Council will fund each of activities and explains why
- Rates Remission and Postponement Policy - These policies define the circumstances in which the Council may remit or postpone rates
- Rates Discount Policy - This policy allows for a discount for the early payment of total rates for a rating year
- Proposed Fees and Charges 2018/19 - These set out the Proposed Fees and Charges for Council activities for 2018/19
All of the documents are also available at the main Council office, service centres and libraries throughout the district during the consultation period.
See below for Council minutes relating to the LTP process
Key dates for the LTP 2018-28 consultation process are:
|Thursday 8 March||Consultation period and Submissions open|
|Monday 9 April||Consultation period and Submissions close at 5pm|
|Monday 30 April – Wednesday 2 May||Long Term Plan Hearings (days as required)|
|Tuesday 26 June||Final LTP 2018-28 adopted by the Council|
For further info, contact us at email@example.com
Publish Date: 28 Mar 2018