In this section
The Timaru District has three Community Boards, which are elected every three years at the local authority elections in Geraldine, Pleasant Point and Temuka.
The role of Community Boards is to:
- represent and act as an advocate for the interests of their community
- consider and report on all matters referred to it by the Council and any issues of interest or concern to the community board
- make an annual submission to Council on expenditure in the community
- maintain an overview of services provided by the Council within the community
- communicate with community organisations and special interest groups in the community
- undertake any other responsibilities delegated by the Council.
The following delegations apply to Community Boards in the District:
- where a community rate has been established, to determine how the monies so collected and provided for in the annual budget will be spent, in accordance with legislation; and
- in the case of the Temuka and Geraldine Community Boards, to make recommendations to the Public Trustee on Thomas Hobson Trust grant applications.
Last updated: 24 Feb 2021