Appealing a DLC Decision

District Licensing Committee

The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act provides guidance on who can object and the criteria for objections to licensing applications being considered by the District Licensing Committee.

To lodge an objection for a liquor licence, you must be a person of 'greater interest'. This means you are more likely to be affected by the licence than most other members of the general public.

An objection must be in writing and filed with the licensing committee within 15 working days after the first publication of the public notice of the making of the application.

The grounds for objection are set out in the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act.

Last updated: 24 Feb 2021