Plan Changes Currently Being Processed
Plan Change 21 - Broughs Gully Outline Development Plan
To facilitate co-ordinated urban development and the cost-effective and equitable provision of network servicing infrastructure across the Broughs Gully area in Timaru that is currently in multiple ownership and has significant servicing constraints.
The land to which the proposed plan change relates is generally situated between Old North Road, Mahoneys Hill Road, State Highway 1, Jellicoe Street and Dampier Street. The land does not include the established residential areas of Tasman, Cook, Beaumont, Dampier and Burnett Streets; Godley Place and Lancewood Terrace, although the outline development plan will facilitate access from a number of these existing roads into the subject land.
All of the rules in the proposed Plan Change 21 decision take legal effect from 16 September 2017 (being the date of public notification). These provisions replace those in place since notification of the proposed Plan Change 21 (being 15 December 2016) by an Order of the Environment Court  NZEnvC 242 dated 8 December 2016 in accordance with Section 86D(3)(a) of the Resource Management Act 1991.
The decision is available below. The section 42A officer’s report, applicant briefs of evidence, submitters briefs of evidence, submissions / further submission and notified plan change material is also available below.
One appeal has been lodged with the Environment Court following the Commissioner's decision. A copy of the appeal is available below.
The appeal was resolved with a Consent Order issued by the Environment Cout. Council has subsequently approved the Plan Change and determined that Plan Change 21 became operative on 25 October 2019.
The appeal If you have any queries on this matter, please contact the Duty Officer on 03 687 7200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Court Decision and Final Provisions
- Plan Change 21 - Broughs Gully - Consent Order: ENV-2017-CHC-84 - Port Bryson Property Limited & hilton Trust Limited v Timaru District Council (pdf, 697.6 KB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Plan Change 21 - Broughs Gully Outline D_ Consent Order version (track change version) (PDF, 4.9 MB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Plan Change 21 - Broughs Gully Outline D_Consent Order version (clean version) (PDF, 4.3 MB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Appeal from Port Bryson Property Limited and Hilton Trust Limited (pdf, 235.5 KB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Public notice decision and legal effect of provisions (pdf, 214.1 KB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Decision (pdf, 329.4 KB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Decision Appendix 2 - tracked changed version of plan provisions (pdf, 1.6 MB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Decision Appendix 2 - clean version of plan provisions (pdf, 1.4 MB updated 06-Nov-2019)
Briefs of Evidence
- Applicant Brief of Evidence - Timaru District Council - Frazer Munro (pdf, 85.9 KB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Applicant Brief of Evidence - Timaru District Council - Elliot Duke (pdf, 1.4 MB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Applicant Brief of Evidence - Timaru District Council - Elliot Duke attachment (pdf, 3.3 MB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Submitter Brief of Evidence - Port Bryson Property Limited and Hilton Trust Limited - Robert Hall (pdf, 90.6 KB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Submitter Brief of Evidence - Transpower New Zealand Limited - Ainsley McLeod (pdf, 116.9 KB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Submitter Brief of Evidence - Canterbury Regional Council (Environment Canterbury) - Elizabeth (Liz) White (pdf, 761.9 KB updated 06-Nov-2019)
Section 42A Officers Report
- Section 42A Officers Report (pdf, 7.0 MB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Section 42A Officers Report Appendix 2 Recommended Tracked Changes (pdf, 530.5 KB updated 06-Nov-2019)
Submissions / Further Submission
- Further Submitter 1 - New Zealand Transport Agency (pdf, 592.8 KB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Submitter 1 - Canterbury Regional Council (Environment Canterbury) (pdf, 44.2 KB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Submitter 2 - Port Bryson Property Limited and Hilton Trust Limited (pdf, 852.2 KB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Submitter 3 - Timaru District Council (pdf, 1.8 MB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Submitter 4 - Peter Michael Olsen (pdf, 895.7 KB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Submitter 5 - Transpower New Zealand Limited (pdf, 172.9 KB updated 06-Nov-2019)
Plan Change Documents
- Order of the Environment Court  NZEnvC 242 dated 8 December 2016 (pdf, 939.2 KB updated 06-Nov-2019)
- Plan Change Report and Appendices (pdf, 15.3 MB updated 06-Nov-2019)
Plan Changes on Hold
|16||NPS for Electricity Transmission and Renewable Electricity Transmission||Giving effect to the NPS for Electricity Transmission and Renewable Electricity Transmission||Decision taken to incorporate into District Plan Review|
|19||Geraldine Industrial||Decision taken to incorporate into District Plan Review|
Completed District Plan Changes
|01||Residential 6 Zone at Gleniti||Plan Change 1 amends the Liquid Waste, Amenity Values and Residential Zone provisions and related General Rules for subdivision, sewerage, stormwater and roading in order to provide for low density residential development in areas currently zoned Residential 1 and 5 at Gleniti in Timaru and to provide for the taking of financial contributions for roads.||Operative|
|02||Rezoning to Industrial L at 10 Laughton Street, Washdyke||The purpose of Plan Change 2 was to rezone 2.42 hectares within the Residential 4 Zone as Industrial L.||Operative|
|03||Rezoning to Commercial 2A at Evans Street, Timaru||The purpose of Plan Change 3 is to rezone land at Evans Street, in Timaru (Pt Lot 1 DP 3955 and Pt Lot 25 DP 578) from Recreation 2 to Commercial 2A (the former A and P Showgrounds site).||Operative|
|04||Rezoning to Commercial 2 at 18, 18A and 20 Hobbs Street, Timaru||Plan Change 4 comprised the rezoning of land from Residential 2 to Commercial 2, together with the inclusion of a Concept Plan and related amendments to Performance Standards for the Commercial 2 Zone and General Rule 6.8.3.||Operative|
|05||Rezoning to Industrial L at 22 Martin Street, Washdyke||The purpose of Plan Change 5 was to rezone land from Residential 4 to Industrial L.||Operative|
|06||Airport Noise Boundary||The purpose of Plan Change 6 was to undertake a review of all relevant District Plan protection mechanisms that apply to the Airport.||Operative|
|07||Rezoning to Industrial L at 78 Shaw Road, Geraldine||Rezoning to Industrial L at 78 Shaw Road, Geraldine||Operative|
|08||Rezoning to Industrial L at 8 Doncaster Street, Washdyke||The purpose of Plan Change 8 was to rezone land from Residential 4 to Industrial L.||Operative|
|09||Rezoning to Commercial 2 at Highfield Shopping Centre, 143 Wai-iti Road, Timaru||The purpose of Plan Change 9 was to rezone land from Residential 1 to Commercial 2.||Operative|
|10||Rezoning to Residential 1 at 6/8 Guild Road, Temuka||The purpose of Plan Change 10 was to rezone from Rural 1 to Residential 1.||Withdrawn|
|11||Rezoning to Residential 1 at 44 Gresham Street, Geraldine||The purpose of Plan Change 11 was to rezone from Rural 4 to Residential 1.||Withdrawn|
|12||Rezoning to Industrial L at 300 Hilton Highway, Washdyke||Plan Change 12 comprised the rezoning of approximately 3.5Ha of land located on the western side of the Hilton Highway in the Washdyke area of Timaru, from Residential 4 to Industrial L. It provided for the rezoning of the existing Wills Furniture Retail Complex that fronts State Highway 1, the Power-Farming Agricultural Showroom fronting State Highway 8, Scarlett Hydraulic Technology and a currently vacant lot in the centre of the site, which gains access from State Highway 8.||Operative|
|13||Temuka North West Residential Expansion|
Rezone land in Temuka North West from Rural 1 and 2 to Residential 1. The area will also include a Recreation 2 Zone for a neighbourhood reserve, an indicative roading layout, and new provisions relating to flood hazards. The Proposed Plan Change will deliver additional residential land to counteract the shortage of residential properties identified within the Temuka area.
|14||Washdyke Industrial Expansion||Plan Change 14 proposes to rezone lands at Washdyke, Timaru from Rural, 1, Rural 2 and Recreation 2 Zones to Industrial L and Industrial H Zones, covering an area of approximately 73Ha. The entire study area comprises approximately 120Ha of land.|
|15||Martin Street, Washdyke, Rezoning from Tesidential 4 zone to Industrial L zone||Plan change 15 has been requested by Goldpine Industries Ltd, Graybird Holdings Ltd and J. & B. Christie Holdings Ltd. The plan change proposes to rezone land located at 16 and 22 Martin Street, Washdyke, Timaru, legally described as Lot 1 DP 301498 and Lot 2 DP 304931 respectively, from Residential 4 zone to Industrial L zone under the Timaru District Plan.||Operative from 5 June 2012|
|17||Geraldine Downs||Operative from 10 March 2014|
|18||Hilton Highway and Racecourse Road||Operative from 4 March 2013|
|20||Rural Residential (Brookfield Road) Zone||The purpose of private plan change 20 was to rezone land at Brookfield Road Timaru from Rural 1 to Rural Residential.||Operative from 19 September 2015|
Last updated: 06 Nov 2019