The Council Dog Control Bylaw specifies where dogs are permitted, prohibited and where they maybe exercised off the leash provided they are still under control.
These bylaws apply to Parks as well as other areas of the District.
Disability Assist dogs accompanying and assisting a person with a disability may enter and remain in any public place.
Public Places where dogs are prohibited:
- The playing or training surface of any sports ground or sports field owned or controlled by the Council
- Within 10 metres of any child's play equipment or play area or paddling pool in any park or reserve, or of any aviary in any park or reserve
- Temuka Domain - the portion of Temuka Domain between the western boundary of the Temuka Golf Course and the eastern boundary of Fergusson Drive
- Temuka Motor Camp
- Geraldine Domain - excluding the walking track
- Geraldine Motor Camp
- Raukapuka Reserve playing fields
- Camping Grounds – Labour Weekend until Easter (inclusive)
- Aorangi Park
- Caroline Bay
- Caroline Bay Beach Tidal Area – 1 October to 31 March inclusive each year and access to the beach tidal area is via Virtue Avenue to northern carpark and from the Loop Road to Marine Parade to the Marine Parade carpark.
- Otipua Wetlands
- Claremont Bush Reserve
Last updated: 06 Nov 2019