Keeping Bees

Dogs & Animals

Registering your hives

If you keep bees and you live in New Zealand it is a legal requirement that you register your hive(s).

Apiary sites must be registered with the Management Agency, through their contractor, AsureQuality Ltd. Registration is free, but there is a small charge to the beekeeper per apiary site which funds the National American Foulbrood Pest Management Strategy Agency.

Please contact AsureQuality or the NAFBPMSA for registration forms or more information.

Registering hives in the South Island

Margaret Roper
Phone: 03 358 1717

AFB(American Foulbrood) Pest Management Strategy

Management of the Pest Management Strategy for American Foulbrood

Rex Baynes
Phone: 04 566 0773

Last updated: 24 Feb 2021