This page contains information relating to the Council Hearing on the Long Term Plan 2018-28 to be held starting on Monday 30 April, 2018. The hearing is open to the public, and will start at 9am daily.
The hearing is expected to take three days and will be held in the Council Chamber at the Timaru District Council, 2 King George Place, Timaru. The Hearing schedule is:
- Monday 30 April, 9am to 7.30pm
- Tuesday 1 May, 9am to 7.30pm
- Wednesday 2 May, 9am to 5pm
Speakers will be speaking on the first two days of the hearing followed by the consideration of submission topics. Times are subject to change.
Hearing Agenda papers
The Council agenda and full hearing timetable can be found here (now available).
Thanks to everyone who made submissions on the Long Term Plan 2018-28. The Council appreciates the efforts made by all submitters.
Submissions made on the Long Term Plan 2018-28 can be viewed here. These pages now include Council officer comments on submission topics when they have been completed, except on the four big issues and chlorination.
Reports on the four big issues topics and chlorination are part of the agenda or are separately available below:
- Big Issue 1 - Water Resilience - Report on LTP 2018-28 submissions and Officer comments (pdf, 1.1 MB updated 23-Jun-2020)
- Big Issue 2 - Theatre Royal - Report on LTP 2018-28 submissions and Officer comments (pdf, 701.3 KB updated 23-Jun-2020)
- Big Issue 3 - Heritage Facility - Report on LTP 2018-28 submissions and Officer comments (pdf, 885.1 KB updated 23-Jun-2020)
- Big Issue 4 - Stormwater - Report on LTP 2018-28 submissions and Officer comments (pdf, 759.1 KB updated 23-Jun-2020)
- Issue - Chlorination - Report on LTP 2018-28 submissions and Officer comments (pdf, 2.2 MB updated 23-Jun-2020)
If you requested to speak to your submission, you should receive an email or letter detailing when you have been allocated a time to speak to your submission. Please note that due to the high number of speakers, we need to keep as close as possible to the schedule. We would appreciate you arriving at least 10 minutes before your allocated time.
Guidelines for speakers are included below:
If you have not received anything or have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Ann Fitzgerald or Mark Low at (03) 687 7200.
If you do not have a copy of your submission, please refer to the link above under 'Submissions'.
Last updated: 23 Jun 2020