Caroline Bay Community Lounge
Under the Orange Traffic Light alert level, the Timaru District Council has made this facility a non-Vaccine Pass Site as it is not staffed by Council team members. This means the Council will not enforce vaccination pass entry requirements.
However, the person booking this facility (the Hirer) can determine if the activity/event they are holding requires a vaccine pass upon entry.
If the hirer chooses not to make a My Vaccine Pass a requirement, they must comply with density limits, PPE and social distancing. Currently, for non-vaccine pass sites, the density limit is strictly 25 persons with 1-metre social distancing.
If the hirer chooses to make the My Vaccine Pass a requirement, a vaccine pass will be required upon entry. Currently, for vaccine pass sites, the density limit is strictly 100 persons with 1-metre social distancing. The hirer must monitor the vaccine pass status of all present at the event.
It is incumbent upon the hirer to observe and comply with all government regulations around COVID-19 protection.
- Extensive onsite parking
- Some Trestles and Chairs
- White board (pens not provided)
Note: Statutory requirements and licenses regarding the use of and sale of alcohol must be observed.
Fees and Charges
Caroline Bay Lounge
- The Caroline Bay Lounge may be used for meetings, seminars, receptions and smaller function for up to 100 people
- Hire Minimum hire charge of two hours per hire. Hirer will be charged from start of booking (including pack in and pack out) until end of booking including hirer’s clean up.
- Public Liability Insurance The hirer is required to have Public Liability Insurance and provide a confirmation of this to the Council before the booking is confirmed. If the hirer does not have Public Liability Insurance the Council will charge $13.00 per hire. This provides cover to a maximum of $2,000,000.
* Security - Please note an additional charge of securing the lounge will apply to any hire closing from 11.00pm onwards as per the security company’s scale of charges. District Plan rules and bylaws apply limiting hours of use (e.g. noise control).
|Description||2022/2023 (GST inclusive)|
|Bond (function involving alcohol)||$750.00|
|Hire (includes kitchen)|
|– Up to 11.00pm||$16.00 per hour|
|– After 11.00pm||$19.00 per hour|
|Preparation/pack-in night before event (after 5pm) and pack-out/clean up, morning after event (before 12pm) charged at normal hourly rate|
|Maximum Daily Charge (day/night events, multi-day events)||$215.00|
|Electrical Facilities (Heating, lighting etc)||$0.50 per unit|
|Public Liability Insurance Cover (if required)||$13.00 per hire|
|* Security Check||$40.00 per check|
Last updated: 02 May 2022