Caroline Bay Hall
Under the Orange Traffic Light alert level, the Timaru District Council has made this facility a non-Vaccine Pass Site as it is not staffed by Council team members. This means the Council will not enforce vaccination pass entry requirements.
However, the person booking this facility (the Hirer) can determine if the activity/event they are holding requires a vaccine pass upon entry.
If the hirer chooses not to make a My Vaccine Pass a requirement, they must comply with density limits, PPE and social distancing. Currently, for non-vaccine pass sites, the density limit is strictly 25 persons with 1-metre social distancing.
If the hirer chooses to make the My Vaccine Pass a requirement, a vaccine pass will be required upon entry. Currently, for vaccine pass sites, the density limit is strictly 100 persons with 1-metre social distancing. The hirer must monitor the vaccine pass status of all present at the event.
It is incumbent upon the hirer to observe and comply with all government regulations around COVID-19 protection.
Set in the beautiful park like setting of Caroline Bay. This grand old lady with its sprung floor and modern commercial kitchen lends itself to exhibitions, weddings, balls, conferences, sporting events, concerts and shows.
|Standing only||800 Occupants|
|Seated rows only||500 Occupants|
|Seating with tables||370 Occupants|
Note: The above calculations are based on the building code clause C/AS4
- Extensive onsite parking
- Commercial kitchen
- Modern bar
- Supper room
- Trestles and chairs (extras available for hire)
Note: Statutory requirements and licenses regarding the use of and sale of alcohol must be observed.
Fees and Charges
Caroline Bay Hall
- The Caroline Bay Hall may be used for dances, socials, wedding receptions, exhibitions and public meetings.
- Hire Minimum hire charge of two hours per hire, including pack in and pack out) until end of booking including clean up.
- Public Liability Insurance The hirer is required to have Public Liability Insurance and provide a confirmation of this to the Council before the booking is confirmed. If the hirer does not have Public Liability Insurance the Council will charge $13.00 per hire. This provides cover to a maximum of $2,000,000.
* Security - Please note an additional charge of securing the hall will apply to any hire closing from 11.00pm onwards as per the security company’s scale of charges. Should this fee change, any hirer who requires this service is notified by letter. District Plan rules and bylaws apply limiting hours of use (e.g. noise control).
|Description||2022/2023 (GST inclusive)|
|Deposit (required one month prior to your reservation)||$50.00|
|Bond (function involving alcohol)||$750.00|
|Up to 6.00pm||$30.00 per hour|
|6.00pm - 11.00pm||$67.00 per hour|
|after 11.00pm||$97.00 per hour|
|Preparation/pack-in night before event (after 5pm) and pack-out/clean up, morning after event (before 12pm) charged at normal hourly rate|
|Maximum Daily Rate (day/night events, multi-day events)||$635.00|
|Electrical facilities (Heating, Lighting etc)||0.50c per unit|
|Kitchen facilities||$30.00 per hire|
|Public Liability Insurance Cover (if required)||$13.00 per hire|
|* Security Check||$40.00 per check|
|Conference chairs for use within the hall (if alcohol or food is served)||$1.60 each per day|
|Tables and chairs are available to hire out from the Caroline Bay Hall at the following charges:|
|Tables||$6.30 each per day|
|Chairs (wooden and plastic)||$1.50 each per day|
|Conference Chairs (upholstered)||$3.00 each per day|
|Use of baby grand piano||$50.00|
Last updated: 02 May 2022