The complex at Sir Basil Arthur Park, SH8, Washdyke includes a gymnasium and basic meeting room which are for hire.
- extensive onsite parking
- meeting room has tea facilities
Fees and charges
The Washdyke Community and Sports Centre may be used for meetings, seminars, receptions and functions for up to 200 people. The Council administers the hire of the Gymnasium and the Squash lounge.
- Lounge and Bar - to hire contact Soccer South Canterbury, telephone 03 689 8594 or
027 637 4775
- Squash Courts - to hire contact Don McLean, telephone 03 688 6330
- Bond - there is a $750.00 bond for functions involving alcohol
- Deposit - a deposit of $50.00 is required one month prior to reservation
- Discount - 5% discount for hire of 2 days or more - not including preparation / pack out time
- Hire - 2 hours minimum hire charge excluding preparation / pack out time
- Security check - an additional charge for a security check of the Centre will apply to all functions at which alcohol is served and for any reservation closing from 11.00pm onwards as per the security company's scale of charges. Should this fee change, any hirer who requires this service is notified by letter.
|Hire (per hour)||12.00|
|Electrical facilities (heating, lighting etc) per unit||0.40|
|Security check per check||30.00|