At all times that alcohol is being sold or supplied to the public on any licensed premises, a manager who holds a Manager's Certifcate must be on duty. To apply for a Manager's Certificate, you must:
- have a minimum of six (6) months experience in the liquor industry relevant to the type of premises you wish to manage
- disclose all criminal convictions (see Clean Slate Act sheet)
- provide evidence of an Licence Controller Qualification (LCQ) issued on or after 18 December 2013; or
- have an LCQ issued before December 18 2013 and successfully complete the LCQ Bridging Test
- provide evidence of completing Unit Standards 4646 and 16705
- provide employer(s) references advising date of employment
- pay the application fee of $316.25
Temporary/Acting Managers - In any case where a manager is ill or absent for any reason a licensee may appoint as a temporary or acting manager a person who is not then the holder of a managers certificate. A Notice of Management Change form must be completed.
New and existing Managers are required to update their knowledge of the new Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act. A bridging test will need to be completed by those who obtained their Licence Controller Certificate under the 1989 Act. This test is completed online and consists of 20 multiple-choice questions and is free of charge. Go to www.ServiceIQ.org.nz for more information.
Club Managers must hold Unit Standards 4646 and 16705 before your certificate expires. If you fail to obtain these, you will only get a renewal for one year, which will expire at the end of the year should you not hold the unit standards. This will affect any Club Managers that have carried out their training with SCANZ.
- Manager's Certificate Information Sheet (pdf, 194.9 KB updated 07-Nov-2016)
- Manager's Certificate Application Form (pdf, 602.9 KB updated 07-Nov-2016)
- Manager's Certificate Renewal Information Sheet (pdf, 193.5 KB updated 07-Nov-2016)
- Manager's Certificate Renewal Application Form (pdf, 592.8 KB updated 07-Nov-2016)
- Change of Manager Notification (pdf, 317.0 KB updated 09-Dec-2016)
- Information Sheet - Clean Slate Act (pdf, 130.3 KB updated 07-Nov-2016)