At all times that alcohol is being sold or supplied to the public on any licensed premises, a manager who holds a Manager's Certifcate must be on duty. To apply for a Manager's Certificate, you must:
- have a minimum of six (6) months experience in the liquor industry relevant to the type of premises you wish to manage (experience must be in New Zealand)
- disclose all criminal convictions (see Clean Slate Act sheet)
- provide evidence of an Licence Controller Qualification (LCQ) issued on or after 18 December 2013
- provide evidence of completing Unit Standards 4646 and 16705
- provide employer(s) references advising date of employment. If less than six months in current employment you will need to supply supplementary references
- pay the application fee of $316.25.
Temporary / Acting Managers - In any case where a manager is ill or absent for any reason a licensee may appoint as a temporary or acting manager a person who is not then the holder of a managers certificate. A Notice of Management Change Form must be completed online.
You are able to complete the forms online, instructions for payment and how to lodge are within the documents. Please download the form, save it and complete the information requested before emailing to us.
Last updated: 27 May 2020