A Special Licence authorises the holder of the licence to sell and supply alcohol on the premise or conveyance described in the licence to any person attending a one-off occasion or event.
One of the requirements of a special licence is the provision of food at all times alcohol is for sale and supply. Timaru District hosts a number of large annual festivals and food stall holders are required to complete and return a food stall application form to the Timaru District Council. For single events please complete the Food Safety application form together with your application for a special licence.
- Special Licence Online Application Form (pdf, 1.2 MB updated 23-Jun-2020)
- Does your event need a Special Licence? (pdf, 464.4 KB updated 23-Jun-2020)
- Special Licence Information Sheet (pdf, 190.8 KB updated 23-Jun-2020)
- Food Stall Application Form (pdf, 86.0 KB updated 23-Jun-2020)
- Building and Planning Compliance Certificate - Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act (pdf, 61.5 KB updated 23-Jun-2020)
- Minute from Commissioner relating to Special Licences - 29 June 2017 (pdf, 1.0 MB updated 23-Jun-2020)
Last updated: 23 Jun 2020