An Off-Licence authorises the holder of the licence to sell or deliver alcohol on or from the premises described in the licence for consumption off the premises.
If you are seeking an off-licence for a previously unlicensed premises, you will need to obtain an off-licence before operating your business to sell and supply alcohol on the premises.
If you are seeking a licence for a premises that has previously been licensed and that licence is still current then you may be able to obtain a Temporary Authority. The Temporary Authority enables the premises to lawfully operate while you obtain a licence, and to sell and supply liquor under the same terms and conditions as the current licence. Application forms for a Temporary Authority are available from the District Licensing Committee and should be lodged 20 working days prior to takeover.
The Temporary Authority is valid for three months (providing the existing off-licence remains valid). An Off Licence must be applied for within one month of the issue of the temporary authority.
All applications must be submitted to the District Licencing Committee.
- Off Licence Information Sheet (pdf, 408.7 KB updated 18-Apr-2018)
- Off Licence Application Form New or Renewal (pdf, 574.7 KB updated 18-Apr-2018)
- Premise Fire Statement (pdf, 17.1 KB updated 18-Apr-2018)
- Public Notice for On, Off and Club New and Renewal Applications (pdf, 86.8 KB updated 18-Apr-2018)
- Amenity and Good Order Questionnaire (pdf, 223.9 KB updated 18-Apr-2018)
- Building and Planning Compliance Certificate - Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act (pdf, 61.5 KB updated 18-Apr-2018)
Publish Date: 28 Mar 2014