Please note, all charges are GST inclusive unless indicated otherwise.
Washdyke Community and Sports Centre
The Washdyke Community and Sports Centre may be used for meetings, seminars, receptions and functions for up to 200 people. The Council administers the hire of the Gymnasium and the Squash lounge.
- Hire of the Lounge and Bar: Contact Soccer South Canterbury, telephone 03 693 8594 or 027 637 4775.
- Hire of the Squash Courts: Contact Don McLean, telephone 03 688 6330.
Council administers the hire of the Gymnasium and the Squash Lounge as follows:
- Hire Minimum hire charge of two hours per hire. Hirer will be charged from start of booking (including pack in and pack out) until end of booking including clean up.
- Public Liability Insurance The hirer is required to have Public Liability Insurance and provide a confirmation of this to the Council before the booking is confirmed. If the hirer does not have Public Liability Insurance the Council will charge $10.00 per hire. This provides cover to a maximum of $2,000,000.
|Description||2020/2021 (GST inclusive)|
|Bond – Functions including alcohol||$750.00|
|Deposit – Required one month prior to reservation||$50.00|
|Hire - Minimum Charge 2 hours $30.00||$15.00 per hour|
|Electrical facilities (heating / lighting)||$0.40 per unit|
|Public Liability Insurance Cover (if required)||$10.00 per hire|
|*Security check||$40.00 per check|
* Please note: An additional charge for a security check of the Centre will apply to all functions at which alcohol is served and to any reservation closing from 11.00pm onwards as per the security company’s scale of charges. Should this fee change, any hirer who requires this service is notified by letter.
Last updated: 30 Jun 2020