Building Advisory Office
The Building Advisory Office is a free service providing building advice to any member of the public, trade or industry without appointment.
The team members providing this service have a wealth of knowledge and experience within the regulatory environment and construction industries that can help with any of your questions, concerns or issues and can also connect you with other council staff if and when required.
Some of the common enquiries our team can assist with include, but not limited to the following:
- does my project require a building consent;
- how do I apply for a building consent
- what information is required for my application;
- Land Information Memorandum (LIM's)
- Solid Fuel Heater and clear air requirements;
- the floor plan in my building file does not match the house;
- what building work does not require a consent;
The office will be open for you to discuss your questions or issues between;
- 8.30am – 10:15am
There is a full range of information within the Building section of the council website that can potentially answer many of your questions and queries, building related
You can also phone the office (03 6877236) at any time between 8.30am to 4.45pm or you can email the office firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to reply to your enquiry within 24 hours.
The building team are committed in providing the best advice and service for our community and we encourage you to take advantage of this free service.
Last updated: 06 May 2021