Changes to building consenting systems
We have upgraded our consenting systems and this will affect how you will submit Building Consent and related applications to the Timaru District Council. The new online portal will be known as the “Simpli” portal and the system for processing and inspecting your applications is called “GoGet”.
Below a number of key points that all building owners, consent applicants and other trades need to know.
Applying and submitting applications
- Applications including Building Consents (BC), Project Information Memorandum (PIM), Amendments to BC’s, Certificate for Public Use (CPU), Code Compliance Certificates (CCC) shall only be created and submitted by the owner or applicant through the Simpli portal.
- To do this you will need to create a user login in the Simpli portal https://simpli.govt.nz/register
- To make an application go to the Simpi website https://simpli.govt.nz
- The Simpli website https://simpli.govt.nz/tool-box has lots of guidance to help you through the application and submission process.
- Important: No paper / hard copy applications will be accepted after 27 November.
Compliance Schedule and Specified Systems Application Forms
All forms relating to compliance schedules and specified systems can be found at the Southern Building Cluster Group website.
Other Application Forms
- Exempt Building Work Notification (PDF, 159.4 KB updated 28-Jul-2020)
- Application for Discretionary Exemption from Building Consent (pdf, 162.4 KB updated 21-Jul-2020)
- Certificate of Acceptance (pdf, 287.1 KB updated 09-Dec-2020)
- Permit to Operate Amusement Device (PDF, 147.6 KB updated 10-Aug-2020)
- Drainage Plan Template (pdf, 643.2 KB updated 23-Jun-2020)
- Complaints Register Form (pdf, 150.2 KB updated 23-Jun-2020)
- Building Consent Withdrawal Refund Form (pdf, 144.2 KB updated 23-Jun-2020)