Covid19 Protocol Update
Building Team at the RED Light Setting (24 Jan 2022)
The change to the RED light setting has started on 24 January 2022. This setting still allows our staff to continue providing all of our normal building control functions and duties.
All of our staff are double vaccinated and receiving their booster shots when eligible. We will continue to exercise 1m social distancing and the wearing of masks when performing any functions where this is not achievable or in public places (eg site inspections).
If you have any questions relating to the services the building team provide, please contact the Building Control Manager on 027 434 6053 or email email@example.com
Please stay safe and remember to be kind to each other.
Applying and submitting Building related applications
- To use the consent portal you first need to go to https://simpli.govt.nz/register and create a login, this only needs to be done once.
- You will need a login to the Simpli portal if you are submitting an application and or any supporting documentation throughout the consent process.
- To create your application go to the Simpi website login, choose the local authority (Timaru DC) and then the type of application https://simpli.govt.nz
- If you have any questions the Simpli website https://simpli.govt.nz/tool-box has lots of guidance to help you through the application and submission process.
- The types of applications you can make through the portal include Building Consents (BC), Project Information Memorandum (PIM), Amendments to BC’s, Certificate for Public Use (CPU), Code Compliance Certificates (CCC) and Certificate of Acceptance.
Note: Hard copy applications may be submitted to the councils main office (King George Place Timaru) providing it is a full and complete application.
Last updated: 24 Jan 2022