Timaru District Holdings Limited (TDHL) is a Council Controlled Organisation. TDHL is 100% owned by Timaru District Council.
The objectives of TDHL are to:
- achieve the objectives of its shareholders, both commercial and non-commercial, as specified in the statement of intent; and
- be a good employer; and
- exhibit a sense of social and environmental responsibility by having regard to the interests of the community in which it operates and by endeavouring to accommodate or encourage these when able to do so; and
- if the Council Controlled organisation is a Council Controlled Trading Oganisation, conduct its affairs in accordance with sound business practice.
TDHL is an investor in companies in which Council has a substantial interest, specifically:
- Alpine Energy Ltd – 47.5% shareholding
- PrimePort Timaru Ltd – 50% shareholding
TDHL also owns a portfolio of investment properties surrounding the port in Timaru.
For further information, see the Statement of Corporate Intent and latest Annual Report.
Last updated: 24 Feb 2021