All transfer stations provide a "drop-off" for household quantities only of hazardous materials.
- Eco bulbs
- Car and truck batteries
- Household or garden chemicals
- Waste oil (not accepted at Pleasant Point)
- Gas cylinders: All types to be dropped off at transfer station hazardous goods sheds
- Liquids - up to 20 litres
- Solids - up to 20 kilograms
For larger quantities, phone 03 687 7200 for advice or referrals.
Only TVs and CRT screens incur a charge. All other items are at no cost.
Chemwaste - a division of EnviroNZ: Provide collection, treatment and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous materials. A division of Envirowaste Technical Services Ltd. Contact Rupinder Brar (03 384 5435) - Area Manager South Island.
Interwaste: International Waste Ltd: For collection and disposal of dental amalgam, X Ray and photographic film and fluid; medical, sharps, pharmaceutical and quarantine waste materials. Phone 0800 102 131
Waste Management Technical Services: Phone 0800 835 645.
Contact Fred Anscombe on 03 688 7141 or 027 432 6925.
Last updated: 16 Dec 2020