Irrigation Consents & Restrictions

Water Supply

This page refers to irrigation for farming purposes where permission is required from Environment Canterbury.

Resource Consents

If you wish to irrigate on your land for farming purposes you will need a Resource Consent from Environment Canterbury. Please visit the Environment Canterbury Resource Consents page for detailed information.


Once you have a Resource Consent from Environment Canterbury, you can check whether there are restrictions limiting your ability to take water by visiting the Environment Canterbury page on Irrigation Restrictions.

Last updated: 24 Feb 2021