The Timaru District Hall of Fame is for recognition of persons who are:
- Persons of Prominent International Standing;
- International Sportspersons or Administrators;
- Nationally Recognised Notable New Zealanders.
The person must have either been born in South Canterbury or resided in South Canterbury for a significant portion of their life.
If the person is deceased, permission for potential inclusion must be given by their next of kin.
Nominations must be in writing to The Chief Executive, Timaru District Council,
PO Box 522, Timaru 7940.
Nominations are considered by a Selection Committee including Timaru District elected members and the President of the South Canterbury Historical Society.
Nominations will not be reconsidered unless there is new information supplied.
The decision of the Selection Committee regarding eligibility shall be final.
A photograph and short biography of the successful nominee is displayed in the Hall of Fame, located at the Timaru District Council offices, 2 King George Place, Timaru, in the upstairs foyer beside the Council Chamber.
For further information please contact:
- Colleen Te Au, telephone 03 687 7452, email email@example.com
- Sharon Taylor, telephone 03 687 7292, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publish Date: 17 Aug 2016