Please note, all charges are GST inclusive unless indicated otherwise.
Resource Management Fees
- Section 36 of the Resource Management Act 1991 enables Council to charge additional fees to recover actual and reasonable costs where the Lodgement Fee is inadequate.
- When the total cost to process an application exceeds the Lodgement Fee in Table One, the additional fees are charged at the rates specified in Table Two of this fee schedule.
- The Council also reserves its discretion to refund part of the fixed fee if the work required to process the application is less than usual.
- The Lodgement Fee will be required to accompany the application. An invoice will be sent for any additional fees. The Lodgement Fee is a deposit only and may not be the complete charge. There may be additional fees or a part refund as explained above.
- Discounts shall be paid on administrative charges for applications for resource consent and applications to change or cancel conditions that are not processed within the statutory timeframes. The discounts shall be in accordance with the Regulations to the Resource Management Act 1991.
Table One – Lodgement Fees (Deposit)
|Limited notified (service only) consent||$3,120.00|
|Non-notified subdivision consent||$728.00|
|Non-notified land use consent which includes a monitoring fee for a single site inspection||$936.00|
|Non-notified subdivision consent - change to flats plan or unit title||$728.00|
|Right of Way approval (not included in subdivision consent)||$676.00|
|Revocation of easements and consent notices (not included in subdivision consent)||$546.00|
|Existing allotments Section 226 certificate (new titles created)||$546.00|
|Section 223 certificate (survey plan approval)||$426.40|
|Section 224(c) certificate||$426.40|
|Section 224(c) certificate including Section 223 certificate||$426.40|
|Removal of building line restriction||$665.60|
|Certificates of compliance||$665.60|
|Change or cancellation of conditions||$546.00|
|Existing use rights and existing use certificate||$546.00|
|Extension of time||$499.20|
|Waiver of outline plan||Actual cost|
|Alteration to a designation||$1,144.00|
|Extension of time to a designation||$1,144.00|
|Notice of requirements for designations or heritage order||$5,304.00|
|Certificates for LMVD||$640.00|
|Certificates under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012||$155.00|
|Overseas investment office certificate||Actual cost|
| Pre-lodgement work. |
Staff time conducting assessments, attending meeting(s) and writing correspondence prior to the lodgement of specific resource consent application(s) and private plan change(s).
| Actual cost|
after first half hour free
|Permitted Boundary Activity Notice||$546.00|
|Permitted Activity Notice||$546.00|
|Monitoring of Permitted Activity under the National Environmental Standards||$125 per hour|
|Monitoring of resource consents and monitoring of non-compliance with the Timaru District Plan or the Resource Management Act 1991||$125 per hour|
Table Two - Charge Rates (Staff Time Rate)
|District Planning Manager||$165.00 per hour|
|Senior Planner||$135.00 per hour|
|Planner||$115.00 per hour|
|Subdivision and Compliance Officer||$115.00 per hour|
|Monitoring Officer||$115.00 per hour|
|Administration staff||$75.00 per hour|
|Other Council staff||$135.00 per hour|
|Public notices||At cost|
|Consultants / legal advice (including Aoraki Environmental Consultancy)||At cost|
|Commissioning special reports||At cost|
|Hearings Committee - Chairperson||$104.00 per hour|
|Hearings Committee - Committee member||$84.00 per hour|
|Road name request||$728.00|
|Timaru District Plan||$208.00 plus postage|
|Annual update service to the District Plan||$156.00 per year|
|District RAPID numbers (book)||$78.00|
|Allocation of new RAPID number (includes plate)||$52.00|
|Replacement RAPID number plate||$26.00|
Last updated: 30 Jun 2022