Published: 12 Jul 2022
We’re completing significant infrastructure upgrades on Bank Street, Timaru (from Arthur Street to North Street), including:
- Renewing the wastewater and water systems
- Renewing the kerb and channel and footpath
- Asphalt resurfacing
- Renewing the existing street trees
These renewals are needed to ensure the longevity of our community infrastructure – and ensure we can supply clean water, safely discharge wastewater and maintain safe pedestrian access along the roadside.
Works are estimated to commence in the week beginning 18th July 2022 with an estimated duration of 4-5 months.
Works staging and anticipated disruption
Works will be staged as follows:
- Stage 1 – Sewer main renewal (Minimal disruption, two lanes remain open)
- Stage 2 – Water main renewal (Moderate/high disruption, one-laning required)
- Stage 3 – Kerb, channel and footpath renewal (Moderate disruption in work area, will be completed in sections)
- Stage 4 – Asphalt resurfacing, street tree planting (Moderate/high disruption during prep and lay of asphalt, one-laning required)
Further updates on traffic management/direction of travel established during periods of one-laning will be advised in due course.
We thank road users for their patience and cooperation while we complete these significant upgrades. Please contact the Land Transport Unit for further queries.
Last updated: 12 Jul 2022