Published: 08 Dec 2020
Organisation and details
Venture Timaru, until recently known as “Aoraki Development”, is the economic and tourism agency for the Timaru District. As a Council Controlled Organisation (CCO) of Timaru District Council, Venture Timaru is committed to working with individuals, businesses and industry sectors to grow the profile and well-being of this great district.
Key priorities are:
- To encourage innovation and facilitating the growth of existing business
- To assist business to re-deploy, retain and attract a skilled workforce
- To create environment that attracts and assist new and developing business
- To deliver tourism and visitor attraction services for the District
Venture Timaru has six directors, including one Elected Member director.
Particular skills/competencies sought
Timaru District Council is seeking to appoint 2 new directors, to replace current directors retiring from the board. Ideal skills and experience of interest for the vacancies include:
- Strong governance experience
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Leadership potential for Chair or Deputy Chair succession
- Tourism or rural sector knowledge to complement the existing board
- Regional development strategy
- Understanding of local government is desirable
It is expected that the successful applicants will also have:
- A high level of trustworthiness, openness and integrity
- Capacity to commit sufficient time to the role
Board meetings are held monthly
Venture Timaru’s Statement of Intent
- Statement of Intent for Aoraki Development and Promotions Limited (now Venture Timaru) (pdf, 4.6 MB updated 24-Feb-2021)
Meetings are held in Timaru. There is a preference for candidates from within Timaru District, or who are able to travel to Timaru regularly for board meetings and other commitments.
Venture Timaru directors receive remuneration of $10,000 pa, and the Chair receives $15,000 pa.
For further details or to apply please contact
Kelly McGregor – Service Manager, Board Appointments
04 470 2644
To apply, please email your cover letter and governance CV to:
The Institute of Directors are accepting all applications on behalf of Venture Timaru
Applications close 21st December.
Last updated: 24 Feb 2021