Published: 28 Apr 2020
A series of major infrastructure works will commence from Tuesday as we move into level 3 restrictions.
These include works on Talbot Street, Geraldine, Arowhenua Road and flood repair work on Badham Road.
Land Transport Manager Andrew Dixon said that it was important for the local economy to be able to reactivate the work programme as soon as it was safe to do so.
“While on Level 4 we complied with the necessary lockdown and restricted works to only essential repairs and maintenance. With level 3 restrictions we’re able to undertake some of the capital works projects that were in progress or were about to get underway before the lockdown.
“All our contractors have strict protocols in place to ensure a safe working environment for their staff. People can do their bit to help by staying clear of staff working in the roadway and footpath, a cheery wave from across the street is fine, but please don’t burst their bubble by stopping for a chat.
“While we’ll benefit from lower traffic volumes, the weather is less predictable at this time of year and safe work practices requirements mean that jobs make take a little longer than usual, but we’ll be working to get them done as quickly as we can to minimise disruption.”
Major roading projects starting Tuesday;
- Arowhenua Road Seal Widening and Pavement renewal
- Talbot Street Geraldine Pavement renewal from 50km signs to Kennedy Street
- Badham Road Flood repairs stage 1
Other roading projects that will be starting over the coming two weeks;
- Washdyke Flat Road completion of upgrade
- Drainage works on Winchester Hanging Rock Road
- Badham Road Flood Repairs Stage 2
- Further Seal Widening on Orton Rangiatata Mouth Road
- Final tidy up on Te Ngawai/Totara Valley Road intersection improvement
- Whitcombe Street/Denmark Street intersection improvements in Temuka
Footpaths and Kerbing
* Renewal works started prior to lockdown will be completed.
* New footpaths – complete Scott Terrace and start Princes Street in Temuka
* Completing the Cox Street car park and footpath renewal in Geraldine.
* South Street Kerb & channel renewal completion
* Temuka-Waitohi Road kerb and channel completion
For more information about TDC Infrastructure works, visit Timaru.govt.nz/forward-works
Last updated: 28 Apr 2020