Published: 16 Jun 2017
The first stage of work to replace the trees on Grasmere Street, Timaru is set to begin on 26 June 2017.
As the removal of these trees this is a significant piece of work, there will be traffic restrictions and public transport diversions over this period. This stage of the work is planned to be completed by 30 June 2017.
- There will be significant disruption to traffic during this period with access restricted at times to both Grasmere and Jonas Streets. There will be delays and we recommend that people use alternative routes during this period.
- Workers will enable residents to have access to their properties in the vicinity of the work sites as required.
- The north side of Grasmere Street will be closed to pedestrians during these works.
- The Grantlea bus heading towards Northtown Mall will be diverted via White Street, however no stops will be affected.
- The Timaru Link Bus route will be unaffected, but may be subject to delays.
Following the removal of the trees, the next stage involves re-laying the kerb line to create areas to plant the replacement trees on both sides of the street. Work to plant the new trees will be completed by the end of this year. If you have any queries about this, please contact customer services.
Last updated: 23 Jun 2020