Published: 09 Nov 2018
Significant rainfall in the last 24 hours is bringing surface flooding. Please drive safely.
The situation is being monitored. Current road closures can be found on our online road status map.
- Our Emergency Operations team is monitoring the situation closely, and the team at ECAN is actively monitoring river levels.
- We’ve got teams out scouring the roads. The fords are up, and outside of the ones closed in the notice below please avoid all others were possible.
- There is likely to be a significant amount of surface water on the roads and braking distances will be affected. Please leave space and slow down.
- There is snow inland, but it doesn’t seem to be laying at lower levels.
- The forecast is for the weather to improve over time, but our emergency team will continue to monitor until we are out of the woods.
Boil water notices have been issued for the Downlands water supply (excluding Pareora and St Andrews) and Te Moana Water supply.
Publish Date: 09 Nov 2018