Published: 27 Oct 2022
Temporary closure of Sophia Street (‘Farmers’) car park
- Timaru District Council is carrying out a building evaluation of the car park building located at 73 Sophia Street (the ‘Farmers car park’)
- This will help Council to determine any future maintenance plans.
- In order to carry out the evaluation safely, the car park building will be closed to all vehicles from the week beginning 31st October 2022, for a duration of up to 4 weeks.
- Pedestrians will still be able to walk through the car park and into Farmers, and access the lift.
- There are over 450 alternative pay and display parks in Timaru city centre, plus free 2 hour parking on the Terrace (above Kathmandu) - check out the map below for options:
Last updated: 27 Oct 2022